WIP-07 Adjust WING Max Supply to 2.000.000 instead of 10 millions (10M)

2M Supply pretty enough! Thus we can catch long term investors like MKR. Wing have more potential than other tokens.

Best Regards

SL

I totally agree but it may not be enough

Question is when we reduce max supply, do we reduce the rate at which Wing will be distributed or do we reduce the 10 year timeframe?

1 Like

Whatever is decided in the end for supply, rate should also be adjusted at the same time. I’m in favor for x0.25 redux. And that should be applied throughout the rate timeline.

1 Like

Need to figure out-

If 3m / 5m, which pool is it getting burned from?

There is currently 2.3m WING in existence. 2m locked in community funds, .3m minted from mining rewards.

Are you saying to burn the 2m community funds and the rest from the mining rewards? Or to burn entirely from the mining rewards pool.

If burning from the mining rewards pool - The WING is being mined every block, and there’s no way to stop the WING from being minted, and I don’t know if it’s possible to intercept it from being distributed to lenders/borrowers/insurers. That’s why we were doing the buy back.

I still think it best not to touch the community fund. Any adjustments should be focused on the mining rewards pool.
Based on what @Mr.Jamesbond shared of your post, @erickpinos, i see a key phrase you used that helps me get better now with what you wrote here. “Hard-coded limit”. I was assuming the remaining 8M figure could just be altered to fit a lower value. Since that seems to not be the case, I have to admit that there’s definitely more that’s needed to be thought thru on this. It may just come down to us getting more creative with new ways to use Wing, tbh. Simple, not simple. I have a few ideas off my hip, but feel i should leave it there for now until I can have more time to process and speak further. I’ll be reexamining the white paper for sure :slight_smile:
I did respond to your post earlier today, btw, @ Reintroduce WING as collateral and WING APY for WING

5M is a good point to start. We could try voting and see what people think.

If the community fund 2M also has to burn 50%, then it will make more sense.

1 Like

Everything needs to be at least halved, I will support the following formula.

1 Million community fund + 2 Millions minted
or
2 Million Community fund + 3 Millions minted

We should have a vote as following:

1. 3 Millions Max Supply
  2. 5 Millions Max Supply
  3. 10 Millions Max Supply

And the team has to find a way to reduce that supply.

3 Likes

Hard coded doesn’t mean it can’t be altered or irreversible, Code maintenance/Hard fork can be used to alter any hard coded software is an option to reduce the minting process. and I think the team should think about it before a vote.

1 Like

Promoting user case of Wing and Supply adjustment plan:

Use wing as collateral and lending currency
Promote the reinvestment of Wing with a reasonable APY
Possibility to lend in pairs with at least 1% of Wing to be offered:
Adjustable ratio example (WING/pUSD / 2% Wing/98% pUSD)

Circulation adjustment

Option 1:
Reducing the max supply to 3.000.000 Wing
1M in community Fund and 2M mining rewards
Burning 1M community fund straight away and hard fork mining reward to a max of 2M

Option 2:
Reducing the max supply to 5.000.000 Wing
2M in community Fund and 3M Mining Rewards
Hard fork mining reward to a max of 3M

If you cut down total supply to 5 mil , then community fund must be cut by half to 1 million as well. Otherwise this is not fair adjustment.

A ratio adjustment is fair I think Good Point.

1 Like

Ratio adjustment will immediately change the WING APY. Money will leave the pool. That’s not helpful to increase the TVL and it’ll harm the community.

If Ratio and Max-Supply adjustment levels up wing price and make the uptrend on wing value we may see a rush in pool by investors though, imagine 2k dist rate per day while wing holds value above $30 or more. But again, doing so without any marketing plan or dev-updates or addon features won’t help much in long-term. As @erickpinos always refers to C.O.M.P model, I see around ~4M max supply
at $2.3k daily distribution ( Look here ). I’m not saying we must go exactly the same path as they did, But that 10M is obviously a big number.

As @Mr.Jamesbond proposed, 3 options are fair to go
1- 3M Max Supply
2- 5M Max Supply
3- 10M Max supply

If 3rd option is chosen or voting didn’t pass! things will remain untouched.

Ratio adjustment must be fair otherwise it will give wrong impression to investors like scam . The reason of cutting the maximum supply by half is to stop devaluating asset by half on the long run. On the other hand this will also stop community funds devaluating by %50. Mathematically we can not simply push the community funds X4 while we decrease the supply x2.

Wing is having hard time guys, speed up your move on this please. We surely need reduction of Max-Supply to a reasonable number to lower daily distribution rate. And beside, we must start marketing by unlocking 3k wing ASAP.
@erickpinos , I saw your comment on Telegram channel regarding the Technical possibility of Max-Supply adjustment on Ontology! Will you share if there are any updates? How this proposal can be qualified for next WIP?

As since the start the Project was marketed on Binance Launchpool Info Page, Coingecko & CMC had a max supply of 2MM, the project should reduce the total supply to 2MM to set things straight. I am not sure about how this is possible technically but this should be done at the earliest.

Yeees~!!! I agree.
That must reduce the maximum supply. The situation is too serious now.

I think its a good idea to reduce the max supply of the token. The lesser the amount of the token the more scarcity n value comes into play and that result into luring both long and short term investors which will create price action and new lender/borrowers for the platform. Also the incentives/distribution needs to be reduced aswell along with bring in more use cases like staking/ borrowering more wing tokens. In my opinion, with does three things activated, we will see wing flying and stay flying in the long run cause of token scarcity, the means to trade and use wing token daily.

1 Like

all hands and feet for! this vote can’t just be ignored