WIP-13 IF Pool mechanism proposal (Yes)

I am concerned about this part. I don’t think supply pool should participate as insurance for default.

And if I’m reading this correctly you are saying that people would put up USD as collateral to borrow USD? Would this even be used, then?

Ken, if i understand it correctly we re talking about under collateralized loans

Ltv of 1.25 basically means this

So you deposit 800$ and loan 1000$

As Andrei said, we don’t want to mix to many things in IF pool to increase risk. One big risk is asset price fluctuation and we rule it out in the first version. It’s a simple under-collateralized-loans product.
We are trying to make profit and risk balance among supply, borrow and insurance. Since the insurance part never met a default in Flash pool. We didn’t have a chance to look into these parameters. We could set 100% of default exposure for insurance and a higher WING distribution ratio. Let’s see others’ opinion.

Thanks for the answer. Maybe I don’t understand some important detail, but why make them collateralize at all, then? Just give them the difference in money that’s essentially the sum of what they borrow-collateralize, if it’s all through stablecoins, anyway. I would think that we should allow BTC at the least, even in the initial phases, as our primary collateral.

Again, collateral asset lower the risk. Think about it: which is easier for scammer? Take $100 directly or collateral $900 first and borrow $1000 later

Maybe there can be space to integrate a Vesting structure that can be baked into the IF Pool mechanism? Kind of like @erickpinos proposal. There are some other good ideas on that thread as well. There could also be tiered stucture, I.E. 1week, 1mth, 3mths, 6mths, 1yr, … for vesting. I think this could be a good way to help mitigate risk overall and also provide more value to suppliers and insurers.

1 Like

I think that all integrations should be organically linked with wing coins. Do you have any opinion on the linkage for wing coin?

How about think IF pool in this way: it’s a creative and unique pool in DeFi which try to import credit into crypto world. If Wing succeeds doing this, the whole project will be benefit from it

The whole design seems good. But what I can expect is that there will be a trustless person come to borrow on purpose and not even willing to pay-back at all. The team should be authorized to close the pool if necessary or change the ratio to lower the risk.

Looking forward to a pool based on oscore

1 Like

I think the amount that each user can borrow is too low

Love it lets get this to voting :fist:t4::fist:t4::fist:t4:

The risk is also high. It’s better to start with little amount

From the perspective of capital utilization, this will be an unprecedented DeFi attempt.

This is indeed a leading idea, but I am very worried about the possible risks, so try to take it slowly

The vote is live. Check here.

The voting result is Yes, check voting detail here