WIP-15 Kink point introduction (Yes)

Because of the approval of the WIP-08 vote, the distribution rate of WING dropped to 60% of the original rate yesterday, which reduced the same proportion of WING APY, which largely led to a sharp drop in our TVL and borrowing volume. In order to encourage borrowing, and at the same time to avoid being unable to withdraw when the utilization rate is very high, I propose to introduce the Kink point scheme.

When utilization rate is low: encourage borrowing with low interest rates
When utilization rate is high: encourage repayment and more supply with high interest rates

The new interest rate model will have a sudden change at the Kink point. The interest rate model before and after the Kink point uses different formulas. The interest rate growth before the Kink point is relatively slow, and the interest rate growth after the Kink point is very rapid. Set the capital utilization rate to U, the interest rate APR when the capital utilization rate is U is Ru, the Kink point capital utilization rate Uk, the basic APR is R0, the Kink point APR is Rk, and the APR when the capital utilization rate is 100% is R100.

Formulas:
If U<Uk: 1604455827(1)
If U≥Uk: 1604455842(1)

Model Parameters:
R0=1%
Rk=7%
R100=100%
Uk=80%

7 Likes

Reasonable consideration. The TVL & interest rates can be balanced according to the real-time situation. The kink point mechanism has already been applied on Compound & AAVE, which already showed the correct direction to apply it. Push it into WIP!

1 Like

This flexible solution should be adopted as soon as possible

1 Like

Just like the regulation of power supply, flexible regulation of interest rates is an essential and key part of Wing

1 Like

You’re a genius. I like this idea quite a lot.

1 Like

Hope to adopt this proposal soon

2 Likes

Kink point will solve the problem such as the current situation: very low liquidity of WING to withdraw

1 Like

There are no wings that can be extracted, please implement this plan as soon as possible

1 Like

Can’t wait to vote :boom:

1 Like

I think the Kink Point idea is good as a passive solution. My idea for a Cue/scheduler would be an active one. What do you think of the 2 being integrated?
KP can give borrower the incentive to not sit on what they borrow for too long. Where the cue can give that instant comfort that you’re action isn’t just being cancelled.

https://gov.wing.finance/t/wing-other-supply-withdrawal-scheduler/

2 Likes

Please implement this plan now

1 Like

The vote is live. Check here .

1 Like

The voting result is Yes, check voting detail here