WIP-12 Unlock 3k WING for marketing initiatives (Yes for 35k)

There is 2m WING in the Wing DAO Community Fund.

According the whitepaper, 500k WING is available for use in the first six month period.

I propose to unlock 3k Wing (~$50k) from the Community Fund for the team to use for marketing initiatives. When it runs out, we can ask for more.

By unlocking a bulk at once for marketing, we won’t be slowed down by having to vote for each particular initiative.

This will include marketing sponsorships and paid content by influencers. I’m ok with sponsoring content as long as everything is properly disclosed.

Some good examples mentioned by LiveFree! in the Wing telegram include Ivan on Tech, Boxmining, and CryptoFinally. I’d also like to add The Crypto Lark, who already featured us on his show, Chico Crypto, and some of my favorite DeFi newsletters including Bankless and The Defiant.

Not looking for the “join the Telegram” nonsense. The goal is educational and awareness content to promote the Wing platform’s unique cross-chain and credit-based lending capabilities that make it a valuable addition to the DeFi space.

With enough upvotes and comments, we can push this to a WIP and move to on-chain voting. Let’s move fast.

EDIT: As suggested by :pig:, the funds would also be able to be used for funding trading competitions and YouTube marketing videos.

9 Likes

I love this idea and maybe unlock even more for marketing!!!

1 Like

This should be the most important discussion right now and the next vote!

Smaller supply will just be a pump and dump and adding Wing APY back will decrease the value of Wing token itself.

We need more people getting interested in Wing, that’s how the price can go up healthy over time!

2 Likes

May I also suggest Cointelegraph and Coin Bureau.

1 Like

We appear on CoinTelegraph like once a week.

2 Likes

I’m considering a higher limit like 10,000 WING every month for marketing, events, audit etc. As long as the team disclose details and all WINGs are used properly. 10,000 WINGs is only about 7% of each month distribution and 2% of total circulation (less in the future). I believe the benefits of marketing will cover the inflation of WING to the market.

1 Like

Unlock for marketing is great, but I think I would prefer more detail on exactly how these particular funds are being proposed for use if unlocked. I have no problem with it otherwise.

1 Like

Influencer marketing sponsorship & trading competitions

1 Like

I look forward to this proposal. Upvoted.

1 Like

We should certainly proceed with this at the earliest.

1 Like

I think we should unlock the extra generated 70k for marketing promotion, 3k is too little. We need more exposure and better branding for Wing.

1 Like

maybe use 35k from the extra 70k WING for marketing?

1 Like

It’s time to do this before the cost reaches new lows. Since there will be panic in the community, this will negatively affect marketing.

1 Like

at least 35K WING. KOLs and Medias cost a lot!

1 Like

Yes, the more exposure of Wing will attract more new comers and bring TVL back. Wing has many talking points actually, see their IF Pool proposal, it’s the first credit-based DeFi product, more advanced than Aave’s insurance function.

1 Like

I agree to use 35k for this time and then 10k each month

1 Like

Sounds like a plan.
So proposal detail will be:
The 70k extra WINGs will be used for marketing only;
Unlock 35k WINGs immediately;
Unlock 10k WINGs every month after until it has been all used.

1 Like

I suggest that we should put on this 30 k for new mainstream exchanges and expand the scale of the community, and then consider and marketing activities, there is not enough heat, sparsely populated, any activity cannot reflect the little effect, a campaign will only waste community fund, should first consider the wing of the community and market bigger and stronger

The voting has been changed to use 35,000 WING tokens from the adjustments in WING’s distribution rate for marketing.
The voting result is Yes, check voting detail here