WIP-23 What about customizing liquidation bonus rate for each asset? (For)

Currently, liquidation bonus rates of assets on Wing are all the same. However risks that liquidators undertake vary when liquidating different assets due to different volatilities of price. Thus, I propose to customize liquidation bonus rate for each asset.

To start with, I suggest changing liquidation bonus rates of all four stablecoins from 8% to 5%, including pUSDC, pDAI, pUSDT and pSUSD. Considering the fact that what liquidators earn is what borrowers loss in liquidation event and the volatilities of stablecoins are pretty low, 5% seems to be fair.

I think liquidation bonus rates of other assets also need adjustment but I don’t have specific numbers at the moment. If you have any idea about this, please leave a comment below.

1 Like

8% is surely too high for stablecoins.

1 Like

below 3% for stable coin is enough

1 Like

I agree with the idea and 5% will make Wing more competitive.

1 Like

The 8% discount rate was unfair to mortgagers.

On the third day of the auction, all the auctions were finished when the assets were discounted by 3%. At the same time, considering the incentives for users to actively liquidate, it is recommended to reduce to 3%-5%.

1 Like

I think 5% is more appropriate, the 8% discount rate increased the enthusiasm of the liquidators, but it discourages the enthusiasm of borrowers,it is not conducive to the long-term development of the project.

1 Like

Setting different liquidation bonus for different assets is a common way. As high as 8% for all assets is unnessary. 7% would be fine for Bitcoin and ETH.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Changing liquidation bonus rates of all four stablecoins from 8% to 5%, seems fair.

1 Like

Good point! The facts about auctions has well proven that a 3% discount is enough for all assets when prices are not fluctuating sharply. Thus a 5% discount as liquidation bonus for stable coins is totally fine.

I agree. 5% is more commonly used.