WIP-51 Allocate 80k WING from the Unlocked Community Fund to be used for marketing initiatives and liquidity mining incentives (FOR)

According to WIP-39, the Wing team has allocated 50K of the WING tokens from the Unlocked Community Fund to be used for marketing initiatives. With the 50k WING, Wing team organized a variety of marketing initiatives and campaigns, such as media exposure, community, translations, MKT Materials Production, community campaigns and liquidity mining campaign etc., which enriched Wing’s ecology.

Here is the summary:

Liquidity Mining Campaign: 28,020 WING

Campaign: 8,337.90 WING

Media: 4,839.75 WING

Translations: 1,800.00 WING

MKT Materials Production: 1,800.00 WING

Community: 1,643.39 WING

Total: 46,441.03 WING

Current remaining amount of market funds: 5,337.45 WING

We have listed out how and where these WING tokens are allocated on a monthly basis (check here)

pWING Liquidity Mining Campaign provides pWING-ETH with $637,243 liquidity on Ethereum chain, and provides pWING-pONT with $1,030,673 liquidity, which is convenient for users to exchange. At the same time, it expands the ecology of Wing on Ethereum. It is very important for Wing users on Ethereum.

Through the liquidity mining campaigns with ApeSwap and BabySwap, Wing has accumulated $346,546 WING-BNB liquidity and $868,771 WING-USDT liquidity on BSC, which promoted Wing and expanded Wing’s influence in BSC.

Wing has launched the BSC version of Flash Pool and we held the Wing Flash Pool (BSC) Launch Party to attract new users to participate in the BSC version of Wing, the TVL once reached $14.48 Million.

Furthermore, 2,300 WING tokens would be used for listing WING on AAX Exchange and trading campaigns (check here). So there are only about 3,000 WING tokens left for other marketing initiatives and campaigns. According to the usage in the previous few months, it is not enough to support the market cost of one month. So I propose to unlock another 80k Wing from the Unlocked Community Fund for the team to use for marketing, of which 40k is used for the incentives of liquidity mining, and the other 40k is used for marketing initiatives. These two will use different addresses according to the community’s suggestions.

By unlocking a bulk at once for marketing, we won’t be slowed down by having to vote for each particular initiative or campaign. We will continue to use these WING tokens on liquidity mining campaigns, events, community managements, media exposure and so on, to make Wing grow bigger, making it be a valuable addition to the DeFi space!

Feel free to have your say here.

1 Like

I can the launch of Wing Flash Pool (BSC) and the cooperation with ApeSwap and BabySwap, Wing is always improving, it needs market expenses to do more things.

Why is it recommended to separate liquidity mining from market initiatives?

As suggested by the community, community members think that although the liquidity mining incentive comes from market initiatives, it is not marketing.
However, WING liquidity mining events are very important in each Wing-supported chain, and such liquidity is needed for users to exchange conveniently.
So here, we have separated these two parts.

Love the idea, go ahead!

It’s a waste not to use the unlocked community fund. I agree to allocate 80k WING to be used for marketing initiatives and liquidity mining incentives.

What type of campaign does this refer to?

You said this one? :point_right:Campaign: 8,337.90 WING

For example: 1st Birthday Celebration, Wing Flash Pool (BSC) launch party, ApeSwapx Wing liquidity mining campaign Staking BANANA to earn WING, BabySwapx Wing liquidity mining campaign Staking BABY to earn WING, HalloWing Campaign and so on.

What’s the difference between ‘Campaign’ and ‘Community’ spending?

Community refers to Community management and Community promotion, including administrator salary, AMA campaign rewards and Voting campaign rewards etc.

And the campaign is the campaign expenditure, mainly used for the rewards of the big events, like 1st Birthday Celebration, Wing Flash Pool (BSC) launch party, ApeSwapx Wing liquidity mining campaign Staking BANANA to earn WING, BabySwapx Wing liquidity mining campaign Staking BABY to earn WING and so on.

In the use of market funds this year, I feel that it is barely qualified. The community has also put forward a lot of suggestions and opinions on budget use next year. In what areas will you use it and what improvements will you make?

We plan to use these WING tokens on the following areas:

• Liquidity mining campaigns
    Liquidity mining will encourage users to provide liquidity, so that there are places in the market that can be exchanged for WING, which is an important step for Wing to expand its ecology.

• Events
    According to experience, events are an important way to acquire new users, especially joint events with other projects, which will obtain a lot of accurate new users.

• Community Managements
    This is a necessary condition for maintaining the popularity of the community and serving community members.

• Media Exposure
    It make sense to create the Wing brand. Brand awareness is an important cornerstone for Wing to develop and grow.

These will make Wing grow bigger, making it be a valuable addition to the DeFi space!

Make sense. I totally agree.

Marketing is essential to drive Wing to the new hights. And I favor for this proposal.

Sound good. I hope Wing marketing team more active

The vote has passes, click here.